Learn More About Laser Hair Removal Services
Shaving is a part of our daily routine. However, constantly shaving your legs, armpits, and bikini line is incredibly time-consuming and often leaves you with bumps and cuts. If you’re looking for an easier way of hair removal, look to the team at Runnels and North Outpatient Plastic Surgery Center. We offer outstanding laser hair removal services for patients in and around Jackson, MS. Our medical spa is well-equipped to provide laser treatments of all kinds and leave you feeling rejuvenated. If you’re interested in laser hair removal, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a common cosmetic procedure that, you guessed it, gets rid of unwanted hair on the body. This treatment is widely used and has been proven safe time and time again. What’s more, laser hair removal is effective for nearly every part of the body, including:
- Bikini area
How Does This Procedure Work?
This procedure uses a specialized laser to safely target and damage hair follicles. Once the follicles are damaged, hair will be unable to grow until the follicle restores itself. Most patients require three to five treatments over four weeks to see the best results. However, it’s important to stagger these appointments to give your skin plenty of time to heal after the procedure. While most of those who undergo body and bikini laser hair removal report no discomfort, you might notice a slight “sunburn” afterward. This is not cause for concern, and you can return to most of your daily activities after your laser hair removal session.
Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
Laser hair removal machines do an excellent job of eliminating hair follicles and stunting the growth of new hair. However, the results aren’t permanent. The procedure does reduce the number of unwanted hairs in the long term, but hair often does grow back. The good news is that when hair does start to grow again, it tends to be lighter and finer in texture. While it’s not accurate to say laser hair removal is permanent, the procedure does give patients long-lasting results.
Reap These Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Our plastic surgery professionals in Jackson are happy to have seen so many patients reap the benefits of laser hair removal. Here are just a few reasons why so many people opt for this cosmetic procedure:
- Time-Saving: Laser hair removal sessions often only take a few minutes, and then you can get right back to most of your daily activities. Plus, you won’t have to spend time shaving every day!
- Precision: Our med spa professionals use lasers to create precise results. If you only want a few hairs removed from a specific area, it’s no problem!
- No Ingrown Hairs: One of the worst parts of shaving and waxing is the potential for ingrown hairs. But laser hair removal patients don’t have to worry about the hair growing back and curling into the skin.
- Less Pain: Waxing is a lot more painful than we would like, and shaving can leave uncomfortable cuts and nicks. While some patients feel minor discomfort during laser hair removal, the procedure tends to be much less painful than waxing.
Is Laser Hair Removal for Me?
Good news—most anyone who wants laser hair removal is eligible for the procedure. You might be an ideal candidate if all or most of these points apply to you:
- Your hair is dark and coarse
- Your hair is at least ¼” long
- You’re looking for a long-lasting solution to unsightly body hair
- You’re in overall good health
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you’re interested in removing hair the easy way, be sure to schedule a consultation with Runnels and North Outpatient Plastic Surgery Center. We’ll offer you all the information you need and show you some laser hair removal before and after photos. If you like what you see, we’ll find a time for your first session. Soon enough, your body will be free of unwanted hair! Contact us today for more information on laser hair removal.